Sunday, 4 January 2015

Healthy Potato Salad

I've never like potato salad and never really understood why, but since the craze of using mayonnaise in shop bought sandwiches I realised I was not a fan of mayonnaise. It's not very flavoursome and I am not a fan of the texture. That was until I attempted to make my own mayonnaise, which was an eye opener, because

a) it's very tasty with more flavour
b) it's actually really easy to make as long as your careful
c)it's very quick to make

But one day I was at a friends house and he was having a BBQ and he made a potato salad, which I originally turned my nose up. But he had made it using yoghurt with some mayonnaise and it was delicious and got the recipe from him. I now eat potato salad, but I use my friends version. It's also a lot healthier and that is what people want after Christmas and New Year.

200g new potatoes (unpeeled and washed)
small tub of plain yoghurt
4 spring onions washed and chopped
Spanish smoked paprika
1tbl of mayonnaise (optional)

Cut the potatoes into bites size pieces and place in to cold water. Bring to the boil and cook until they are cooked

Rinse out and swill then in cold water and allow to cool

Place the cold potatoes into a bowl. Add the chopped springs onions and yoghurt and mix together.

Sprinkle the smoke paprika on top and server. A great dish to serve this with is chicken thighs with lemon and thyme



No comments: